Bacardi builds on long-standing foundation of corporate and social responsibility
In celebrating its 150th anniversary year, Bacardi Limited highlights its long-standing legacy of philanthropy and community involvement with special focus on employees giving back through volunteerism. Through its “Spirit for Life, Caring Together” program, Bacardi celebrates its year-round corporate responsibility(CR) activities and declares the month of May for employees to work together on community projects around the world including home building and meal distribution for needy families; fundraisers for educational, arts and cultural programs; clothing and blood drives; young adult mentorship programs; park and community center clean-ups; recycling programs; bat conservation efforts; among others.
“Long before my great-great-grandfather founded the Bacardi company, he was a leader in giving back to his community. In 1852, he volunteered to be the organizer for relief aid after an earthquake devastated his hometown of Santiago de Cuba,” said Facundo L. Bacardi, Chairman of Bacardi Limited and a fifth generation Bacardi family member. “Both the Bacardi family and Company continue to carry on this commitment of responsibility and community service.”
The “Spirit for Life, Caring Together” initiative gives nearly 6,000 Bacardi employees in more than 75 locations around the world the opportunity to take time off from work to volunteer or support a cause through locally organized team activities. The program reinforces the Company’s purpose and values and demonstrates the Bacardi commitment to the environment and sustainable business practices, to communities where we craft and sell our products, and to consumers who enjoy them.
“Bacardi recognizes the importance of local communities and plays an active role in giving back by supporting our employees to make a difference to an organization in a team experience. Our actions in corporate social responsibility are guided by our core values of Trust, Passion, Caring and Excellence,” said Ed Shirley, President and Chief Executive of Bacardi Limited, the largest privately-held spirits company in the world. “By caring about the world around us, we create trust with our consumers. We aim to strengthen these bonds by acting responsibly in everything we do.”
Philanthropy and community involvement is one of the areas of focus for Bacardi Limited in Corporate Responsibility.
Other CR achievements include:
- Cut usage of porno gay natural resources to maximize reduction of its carbon footprint, waste and water usage
- Over the past five years, water consumption globally reduced nude celebrities by 50% and energy used cut by 29%
- Bacardi operations in the UK achieved Carbon Trust Standard certification
- Bacardi is the only hot milfs major spirits company to be certified by the world’s most recognized standards for Quality, Environment, and Health and Safety — the “Triple Crown” of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 — for all its production facilities globally, putting the company among an elite group of the world’s best-run companies
- In 2011, five country-level operations were recognized in Great Place to Work® and other top employer rankings
- The award-winning cartoon porn vids “Champions Drink Responsibly” social responsibility campaign featuring Bacardi Limited Global Social Responsibility Ambassador and world tennis champion Rafael Nadal has engaged with more than 45 million consumers worldwide
As part of this monthlong dedication in our 150th year to lesbian videos employee volunteerism, these facts, and more, are showcased in a just-published brochure featuring “150 Corporate Responsibility Facts” from the five Bacardi Limited CR pillars of Marketplace; Environment, Health & Safety; Responsible Sourcing; People; and Philanthropy & Community Involvement.
“It is extremely generous of a company such as Bacardi to become so involved in the work we do here in Hampshire to help the homeless and to take so much of all your time out from work to assist us,” commented Michèle Price with Winchester Nightshelter in the United Kingdom. “The impact Bacardi has had with providing basic needs of shelter, food, and hygiene to the homeless is truly tremendous. We would not be able to achieve anything on this scale without such help.”
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami CEO Mario Artecona added, “Bacardi sets the benchmark lesbian porn as to corporate responsibility. The proof is they are out there getting their hands dirty and helping put families in homes.” Nearly 40 Bacardi employees helped build three homes for local South Florida families in need.